Since our first campers arrived more than 35 years ago, parents, grandparents, churches and foundations have found our efforts worthy of their support. Without their help we would not have been able to influence the lives of tens of thousands of children and their families. For many, support of this ministry has become a lifelong passion.
Stewardship and Giving Principles
In their own words
"I feel this was the best thing I could have done this summer. And I had a great time with everything we did. I feel like I understand the basics of my faith better. And I have more of a desire to be a servant and show God's love in the real world."
"Nothing beats when my son comes home and tells me everyday at camp was the best day of his life. He had a great time doing all of the activities. I liked the counselors and the interest they took in each child. I value the focus on Christianity and applying the Bible to everyday living."
—Day Camp Parent
"For a 13 year old who lives his life in a wheelchair–to be able to do zip lines, lake tubing, high ropes, group games, etc. (doing everything) is an uncommon feeling, especially as he lives most of life in a world that tells him all the things he can't doâ€“because he has a physical disability and how 'different' he is than a 'normal' kid."
—Parent of Camper with Special Needs
"SpringHill is AWESOME! I'm having a blast, it is so much fun! Everybody is so nice. We all get along and I made a ton of friends. The counselors are outstanding; they are so nice. They help you with everything and so much more."
—Megan, Summer Camper
"My story of accepting Jesus into my heart, without a doubt, involves SpringHill and the amazing friends I have made here."
—Lindsay, Summer Camper
"My heart is full of joy and excitement! God is doing such amazing things here at camp and in the lives of these kids. It is so great to witness God's movement. He has made His presence known to me and throughout my time here, I have learned and grown so much."
—Scottie, Summer Counselor
"The high school campers I've worked with have written letters describing spiritual change. As a result of some of the challenges we gave them, they have responded, all in their own way."
—Devon, Summer Counselor
SpringHill Camps annually enjoys the generous support of many friends who share our values and care about our mission to change the lives of young people by nurturing their relationship with their Creator God. Camper fees, which account for 75% of SpringHill funds, cover most operational costs. The remaining 25% of our funds come from donations, which are used to fund capital projects and scholarship needs.
It has always been the desire and commitment of SpringHill to help kids attend camp regardless of their financial means. The funds raised for scholarships will provide an opportunity for many kids to attend camp who otherwise would not be able to. Help us to offer more kids a life-changing experience by giving to our scholarship fund.
Special needs. Special forces. Flying down the zipline takes on even more meaning and fun when a child is confined in a wheel chair. We believe every child-regardless of physical or mental challenges-can and should have the same amazing SpringHill Experience right alongside all the other kids. And they can; with a one-on-one counselor, a golf cart to help them get around, and any other accommodation they might need.
SpringHill Day Camps is expanding to reach even more kids in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois! Through God's grace, bringing the SpringHill Experience to communities through Day Camps has already been wonderfully successful in positively impacting the lives of kids! Capital is needed to expand this program into more teams so more kids can experience a week that they will never forget!
General Ministry Fund
25% of our funds come from donations which are used to fund capital projects and scholarship needs.
We have developed a partnership with PhilanthroCorp, a Christian planned giving services organization, to help you in planning your estate or establishing a planned gift with SpringHill Camps or another worthy charity. Their services are free to you.
Learn more about planned giving
If you have questions about donating or would like to schedule a personal visit, contact Andy Westmaas, Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231.734.2616